Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I was going through my mom's stuff and I found part of a letter that my Dad had written someone about to end their marriage.

" I'm sorry you will not be able to complete your marriage. As you get as old as I am you "get the picture" of what it is all about and you start to understand that the last part is the best. The phrase Lorraine likes to quote is "They Save the Best for Last". You get a chance to review all you have done and understand it a little better. You get to observe the children and their children and see how they face life. You get a chance to repent of those things where you didn't do quite so good. But most importantly, to share this time with someone that went through the struggle with you makes it more enjoyable. Sorry you will not have that opportunity"

No comments:

Post a Comment